Friday, March 28, 2014

TGIF

I'm sitting at my computer between my usual Friday evening activities reading the jubilant TGIF (Thank God It's Friday) posts that appear this time every week on Facebook.  Maybe I've forgotten what it is like to work in a mundane job where I live for the weekend or maybe I just have a different perspective on life?  

The way I see it, every day is a gift!  

Every day is an opportunity to impact our small corner of the world.  Every day is an opportunity to live, to love and to leave a legacy.  We can never get yesterday back and there is no promise of tomorrow.  Today is our chance to make it count, whether it be Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday.

I am reminded in Scripture that "This is the day that the Lord has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it" (Psalm 118:24).  So let us embrace the gift of EVERY DAY and TGIT - Thank God It's Today!

No comments:

Post a Comment