"When he came near the place where the road goes down the Mount of Olives, the whole crowd of disciples began joyfully to praise God in loud voices for all the miracles they had seen:" (Luke 19:37)
The first CROSS Road at Jerusalem was faced by Jesus. Here, at the road leading into Jerusalem Jesus had two choices as he was about to cross the point of no return...
- Retreat from Jerusalem - turn back now and save Himself
- Enter into Jerusalem - proceed and save humanity
"Blessed is the king who comes in the name of the Lord!""Peace in heaven and glory in the highest! Some of the Pharisees in the crowd said to Jesus, "Teacher, rebuke your disciples!" (Luke 19:38-39)
The second CROSS Road at Jerusalem was faced by the crowd. Here, at the road leading into Jerusalem Jesus experienced the choices of the crowd who proclaimed two voices...
- The voices of praise - those who received Him
- The voices of protest - those who rejected Him
Today, you and I face the same CROSS Road at Jerusalem...
- Will we praise and receive Jesus?
- Will we protest and reject Jesus?
Don't think that because you are a Christian that this CROSS Road doesn't apply to you!
- It is easy to praise Jesus on Sunday, but protest against His will for your life on Monday
- It is easy to receive Jesus when all is calm, but reject Him when you are in crisis
Remember, the same crowd who crowned Jesus as king on Palm Sunday called for His crucifixion on Good Friday!