Friday, March 29, 2013

The CROSS Road at Calvary



"Love so amazing, so divine, demands my soul, my life, my all."

On Good Friday our CROSS Road brings us to the foot of the cross.  It is at this intersection where we encounter the worst of humanity and the best of God's divinity;  where hatred and love collide, and where grace and forgiveness reside.  It is here that the paradox of life and death defies our mortality - the weak become strong, the defeated are victorious and the broken are made whole.

The CROSS Road at Calvary presented Jesus with two significant cross roads that demonstrated this "Love so amazing, so divine" that it presents you and I with our own cross road that "demands my soul, my life, my all."


The first CROSS Road at Calvary was one of forgiveness:  Jesus response to his accusers could have been one of hatred, yet He chose forgiveness.

"Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing."" (Luke 23:34)


The second CROSS Road at Calvary was one of judgement:  Jesus response to the accused could have one of judgement, yet He chose grace.

"Jesus answered him, "I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise."" (Luke 23:43)


Because the CROSS Road at Calvary was met with forgiveness and grace, Jesus broke the bondage of sin the defines our choices according to the weakness of our human nature.  He demonstrated the heart of His Father, which redefines our choices according to the power of His Spirit!

How do you choose to respond the cross roads that converge in your life?  What are those cross roads?

No comments:

Post a Comment