Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Dear Prime Minister...

Dear Prime Minister Tony Abbott, 

I take serious issue with what you presume on my behalf.  You may "think Australians are pretty sick of being lectured to by the United Nations."  However...

As an Australian, I am sick of political manipulation and abuse of vulnerable people!

As an Australian, I am sick of the lack of accountability by your government!

As an Australian, I am sick of your arrogance that dismisses any credible report or review that exposes your blatant disregard of human rights!

As an Australian, I am sick of our national values being violated in the name of national security!

As an Australian, I am sick of hearing about how you have 'stopped the boats' when we continue to perpetuate the conditions that drive people onto them in the first place!

As an Australian, I am sick of our country being misrepresented to the rest of the world!

As an Australian, I am sick of misinformation and missing information dividing our nation about our common humanity!

As an Australian, I uphold the value of a "fair go" and as a Christian I uphold the biblical principles of "justice and mercy."  Neither of which are dependent upon where people come from, how they got here, or your government's political agenda!   

Signed, a very unhappy Australian.

No comments:

Post a Comment