I was recently asked what is my top 5 list of books that have had the most impact on my leadership and faith journey. Wow, what a tough question to answer! I read so many amazing authors on such a variety of subjects, to narrow it down to the five most influential is a tough call. Nevertheless, here goes the impossible. I will choose a book I've read during the past couple of years for each of the categories of my EphesiansFour12 blog +1 that captures my life theme:
1. Passion for the LORD: The Divine Mentor - Wayne Cordeiro
2. Passion for the LOST: Just Walk Across The Room - Bill Hybels
3. Passion for LIFE: Chasing Daylight - Erwin McManus
4. Passion for LEADERSHIP: The Five Dysfunctions of a Team - Patrick Lencioni
5. "Equipping the people of God for the work of the ministry": The Equipping Church - Sue Mallory
This is a reluctant top 5 list, as there are so many other books that have had equal influence and impact in each category; then there are other subjects I'm passionate about that have also shaped my spiritual journey. Maybe I will do a follow-up list identifying another top 5 books...in fact, it could be an annual top 5 list of books I've read that year - there's a thought!